Monday, November 09, 2009

Scientific Evidence for My Rants

I don't mean to defend my 'ranting' posts, but when I read this article, it got me thinking. So now there is actually scientific backing as to why I write/express myself better when in a bad mood. From the Reuters article I had hyperlinked earlier, psychology professor Joseph Forgas at the University of New South Wales commented, that their research suggested sadness promoted information processing strategies. And when I read:
The study also found that sad people were better at stating their case through written arguments, which Forgas said showed that a "mildly negative mood may actually promote a more concrete, accommodative and ultimately more successful communication style."
It was like, "Yes, that is so true!!!"

Personally, I find writing my grouses out is the best channel. The more I talk about it to people, the more worked up I get. So when I write, it all comes out and the hate leaves me and I feel much better! The only downside is that it's all archived here and I'm not in the habit of taking off my posts whenever I feel like it. So if some people happen to guess that the post is about them, then that someone might get his/her bubble burst. But then, why am I wasting my time worrying about hurting those people's feelings (in the future) when they have so freely done so to me? I think I would only feel guilty with those that I have reconciled with.

But as my blog name "my life... as it is..." all my posts reflect how I felt at that moment in time and human emotions are not static. So let it be known that something from the past may not be the same in the present or in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment