Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Little Sugar To Sweeten The Bitterness (of the previous post)

So... That last one was a little edgy eh? Yes, that was in the thick of the storm. Plus that with the extra emotional state I've been in these days... Kaboom! All the hate and fury burst forth! Still can't believe the pettiness and two-facedness of the said person. Lesson learned - colleagues are not your friends (unless you were friends before becoming colleagues), so henceforth I will consciously put a barrier between personal and office life.

Anyway, after that long long day, I decided (no, actually this was planned a week earlier) to induce the production of some endorphins - by going for a jog/walk. I'd told my friend that it was highly possible that it would rain in the evening (because it had been so everyday for the past week) and we'd have to cancel. However, when 4.30pm came... it was sunny. Come 5.30pm, it was still sunny! Praise God! It really was a miracle! I guess He knew I really needed that time of fellowship. And indeed, it was a good solid hour of sharing and laughing. When we parted ways, my spirit was lifted and I felt blessed. I always feel nice and fuzzy when such seemingly tiny unassuming miracles occur. They are like pleasant surprises in a mundane day.

After my jog, I took the new highway that cuts from the Subang airport road to the intersection near Summit USJ. And as luck would have it, I got stuck in a massive jam just around the cornering at the highway ramp. At one point, I was stationary in the same spot for over 15 minutes. The highway had become a parking lot where no one could exit. And to add salt to the wound, heavy rain started pounding down on my car at an angle which hit my rear window in full force and since the ramp was probably over 5 storey high, I could feel the concrete swaying a little when cars on the opposite road sped past. It was scary in a way. But with my spirit in an uplifted state, I did not start panicking and getting impatient (unlike the white VW hashback driver, who kept trying to weave in and out and squeezing through two parallel cars in a two-laned road), instead I prayed a "breath prayer" which I'd read from the book, Purpose Driven Life. After waiting for some time, trying to rehearse my testimony for Thursday's Alpha celebration dinner, the traffic started dissipating and when I reached the traffic lights (which was a long way from where I was stuck at), there were policemen directing the traffic. Godsent! On top of that, the rain had reduced to a shy drizzle and when I was on KESAS nearing my exit, it was completely dry! The rain had let up momentarily. As when I reached home and was contentedly eating dinner, the torrents of tears from heaven resumed its tempest.

Although my day started out on a lukewarm note and brightened as I said "good morning Father" on the way to work, and later unfortunately went totally black when I was attacked by that person with a "god complex" (see definition below; please note the use of lower case 'g'), I'm glad for the two miracles in the evening. I still feel the soreness from the attack, but somehow I feel I have the assurance that with God on my side, no one can harm me (in terms of morale). And this verse just keeps jumping into my mind (one of the few that I remember well... haha):

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.     - 1 John 4:4 (NKJ)
So ends the sugar topping that was purposed to sweeten the bitterness of the unsavory event of the day. Goodnight.

P.S: I'd forgot to add the definition of "god complex." I had simply put the words together and surprisingly it DOES exist (I just Googled it)! Very much surprised indeed! Here's what one definition states:
Definitions of God complex on the Web:
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."

No comments:

Post a Comment