Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Being Thankful: Day 61

I'm thankful for:

  1. being able to drive. For 5 years I did not have the courage to drive although I had taken my driving licence (with no bribe). This just proves that anything is possible. The key is to conquer fear.
  2. life. Today while browsing through one company's minutes book, I came across a number of shareholders' resolutions which were signed by the late Tun Haji Omar Yoke Lin Ong and the late Tan Sri Datin Paduka Hajah Saleha Mohd Ali. One particular resolution struck me - it wasn't the content that touched me, but rather that it had both their signatures scribbled in a very shaky handwriting. The date of the resolution showed that they were both in their 80s at that time. Reading their biographies, they both had a life well-lived with many accomplishments. How many of us can claim such accolades at the end of our journey?
  3. acceptance into a design thinking programme! I am excited. I will conquer my fear.
  4. moisturisers. Never really believed they could work on my dragon hide, but it did! Slowly and bit by bit.
  5. Mr manja dog - he is learning to forgive me for playing with other dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment