Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Faithful Leaf


This here is a leaf which refused to blow off all the way from Mutiara Damansara to Shah Alam. At first I was hoping for it to fly away while I was driving (because it was distracting my eyes from the road) but when it refused to budge as I was approaching Kelana Jaya, I started hoping that it would stick with me till Shah Alam. And it did!

I wonder why this leaf stuck on my windshield all the way? It has developed a love affair with my windshield? An affinity between plant cells and tampered glass? Probably not. It's more probable to attribute this phenom to surface tension of water. It had rained abit earlier and the leaf was affixed to my windshield by a droplet of rain water. But it is a funny thing that the droplet did not dry up in the wind when i drove from PJ to Shah Alam!

No comments:

Post a Comment