Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Self Bet

I was looking at the frontpage of The Star newspaper today and read a line: 'INSIDE: Unknown song rocks the nation >N12.' With my curiosity piqued, I turned to page 12 to find out what it's all about.

Turns out that radio DJs received a song 'Through My Window' yesterday and there was a buzz about the mysterious song that was only linked to a Website, everyoneconnects.net. And yes, I gave in to the trap and scored them another hit to their Website... streamed the song, and in my opinion, it really sounds like a local production. It had one of those whiny American pop-rock tunes, very popular with today's youths (with me as the exception...).

So, this is my bet (with myself, not with anyone of you!). Based on the orange colour theme of the Website and past experience of marketing schemes by telco companies (usually our famous yellow service provider), I'm guessing it's got something to do with Umobile. I may be wrong, I may be right, let's just wait and find out!

P.S: While typing this post out, I remembered the launching of the Happy prepaid plan. I clearly recall cute and colourful stickers being distributed with our free newspaper - The Sun - a couple of years back. Anyway, that got me to search out their official Website and somehow I suspected it was tied to DiGi (although they did not mention it on their Website, or at least, I didn't find it after poking around) and Google managed to dig this out for me. So I was right! haha... I think/suspect the other campaign sometime back (thetruthaboutprepaid.com) was also by DiGi, but I'm too lazy to confirm that... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment