Sunday, September 06, 2015

Waffles Cravings at Inside Scoop KK

I've driven past Inside Scoop many times while on the way to Gamuda Walk in Kota Kemuning, but never had the urge enough to turn into the shophouse area. However, today I had a friend with me and we decided to go for some ice cream after dinner.

Googling revealed that they had waffles and I had been longing to have nice waffles for some time. Can't seem to find one that tasted as good as those we had at Max Brenner in Brisbane many many years ago.

So off we went for some ice cream tasting and eventually ordered charcoal waffles with a scoop of salted caramel and peanut butter jelly.

salted caramel peanut butter and jelly
Inside Scoop's charcoal waffles with Salted Caramel and PBJ ice cream


I must say that their staff's recommendation of the PBJ ice cream matching well with the waffles, was spot on! Salted caramel was nice too, in a different way. The waffle was quite light but at least it wasn't doughy or hard. When the ice cream started melting, the waffles couldn't hold up well so it's best to eat is fast. The waffles tasted good, not sweet but a little savory (I love salt). I'd like to try the buttermilk waffles next time around.

This set us back by RM21 but it was a good experience (in terms of taste and service) and I would return in the future. Perhaps during off-peak hours - the introvert in me kinda dislike having too many people around me, making brouhaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment