Friday, July 15, 2011

Worship Night with Sidney Mohede

It was a busy day at work, with the farewell of our CEO and a thunder storm in the evening. I had to walk as fast as I could with my slippery Croc-like footwear from my office to the Ampang Park LRT station in the midst of a medium drizzle and plenty of lightning and thunder. At one point, I think a car honked at me just as a lightning bolt struck somewhere near me (I only glanced from under my umbrella a flash of light).

That 5 minute walk was the most uncomfortable one I've had to date. All in all, I reached Taman Jaya in good timing and we even managed to park inside Dream Centre.

With the rain and the jam, we were almost thinking of heading back home, but thank God we didn't! Was blessed by the night of worship.

Sidney Mohede and the True Worshippers band were awesome! Mohede has good stage presence and blessed with a great voice. The atmosphere of worship in Dream Centre was at its peak! A full house who'd braved the rain to worship the True God!!

It was heartening to hear his testimony (at weekend celebration) of how God had called him to serve in the place he didn't want to go (i.e. back home in Jakarta). It is truly amazing how God can change our lives if we let Him take charge.

Sidney Mohede and his three-piece band leading a full house in worship
Mohede and his band had just came back from the Hillsongs Conference 2011 and he introduced to us another meaningful song "Jesus Be The Centre" by Israel Houghton that they had learned at the conference. This song really speaks (to me, at the very least).


Nothing else matters, nothing in this world will do
Jesus, You're the centre, and everything revolves around You


Note: this post was written a few weeks after the event took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment