Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Random Thought

So yesterday as I was driving to work, the morning BFM radio was on and one of the topics discussed was about some meet-and-greet session that Tun Mahathir and YB Khairy Jamaluddin had with some Malaysian students in London (I can't recall the details). So they had a live teleconversation with one of the students who had attended this event. A second year law student. The conversation went something like this (paraphrased of course, I don't have an elephant memory...):-

BFM: What do you think about YB Khairy?
Law student: I think the young people can identify with him due to his young age, where the age gap is not so large.
(silence... waiting game)
me (in my head): *cricket chirping* crk crk... crk crk
BFM: (asked next question... laadeedah can't recall the other parts of the conversation)
.
.
.
BFM: Which part of YB Khairy's message did you feel that you could connect/identify with?
Law student: He spent time connecting with us and stayed back to take many selfies with us...
BFM: I'm sorry, did you just say selfies?
me (in my head): O-K-!

Yeah, so... it's interesting! Young people. (shakes head)

No comments:

Post a Comment