Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Full Moon Tonight!

Yesterday I chanced upon this CNN news about the perigee moon that we are experiencing tonight - the moon at its biggest and brightest in nearly 20 years! This is due to the moon orbiting closest to Earth (its orbit is elliptical), at a distance of 356,577 kilometers.

I'd totally forgot about this until someone posted on Facebook that the moon made him trip and fall. Hahaha I know it's sadistic of me to be reminded this way.

Here are a few better shots I got with my redeemed gift Nikon point and shoot.

View from my gate (no zoom) - I know, if I didn't mention about the perigee moon above, no one would have thought this an extraordinary moon
Here's one with zoom on (didn't opt for digital zoom though)
Today was a cloudy night. It rained in the evening and in fact through out the day, on and off.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the moon rising. If today had been a working day, I would have caught it while driving home. But today wasn't a working day, so too bad for me! I'll just have to wait till 2029 for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment