Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Day in the Park

I am on my "Survey on Transport to KL" quest. The objective: to find the best transport option I have before I start my new job on Jalan Ampang.

I started out late at 7am, however after enduring the gruelling KTM Komuter train ride from Shah Alam to KL Sentral (where the only place my eyes could comfortably settle were on people's butts!), and then switching to LRT all the way to KLCC, I reached my destination at 8.20am.

With my survey done, I had nothing to do but walk around KLCC. But it was too early for the shops to be open, so I took a walk around KLCC park (for the first time ever! and alone!). To cut the story short, here's some shots I took (looking like a tourist, nonetheless).

A track for joggers in KLCC park

KL Convention Centre on a quiet morning
Petronas Twin Towers - I used to dream of working here. Now I'll be working just 5 minutes walk from it. 

Photo point 4, a guide for tourists. Note the photo on the board.

Photo point 4 (from the local tourist's point of view. Btw, this pic has been photoshop-ed: if only we had orange grass in Malaysia!) 

Inside Suria KLCC

Octagonal glass roof
The end of my little trip wasn't such a success though. After taking the LRT back to KL Sentral, I had to wait at least 30 minutes for the KTM Komuter train. Then when I finally got on one, the train broke down at Kg Dato Harun! That was a further 1 hour delay... I couldn't SOS mom because neither of us knew where this place was or how to reach it via driving. So I finally got on to another train and got back to Subang Jaya in the heat of the midday sun.

What a day I had! Exploring KLCC park and getting stranded at a train station! I think it's safe to say that I will try to avoid taking the KTM Komuter train, if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment