Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It must've been a bad day for him

Just came back from brunch at Village Park...

There was this elder guy sitting at the table behind us. This post is about him. At first I was a bit annoyed at him, but later on, as I put myself in his shoes, I think he must have been having an unlucky day.

1. I first spotted him looking at us when we were trying to park our car, maneuvering around a red Peugeot that was the only car parked "senget" across 2 illegal parking spaces. Everyone else had parked their car straight. The red Peugeot turned out to be this guy's car.

2. As we were eating, suddenly I hear "sorry sorry" and some fussing going on behind me. Turns out that guy had splashed his half boiled egg on my shirt, unbeknownst to me (I wasn't sitting crammed up near him, so it must have been quite a projectile to hit me!). He was apologetic, but my automatic response was no expression and no acceptance of his apology (hahaha). I just took the wet wipes he offered and asked my colleague to help me get the liquid egg off. I didn't even look him in the eye. Apparently I looked 'garang' but I was feeling nothing, really.

3. A traffic policeman came and started issuing summons to the illegally parked cars. My colleague rushed off to repark her car. The guy and his female friend rushed off too. He had to settle the bill before rushing to his car, so I'm not sure whether he got a summon or not.

So that was it. He must've been having a 'bad luck' day, and I was no help to it. Sorry (in hind sight).

No comments:

Post a Comment