Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Sunrise Service

Just when I thought I was burning out, He shows me that there is still hope here. This Easter was a refreshing experience for me personally! The video testimony on Friday night's "A Happy Day!" musical made me realise that there is so much more which underlies what we can see with our eyes. The testimony was by one of the ushers who serves in DP. Imagine the many years we've exchanged smiles and shook hands every Sunday morning but we never knew how much he had gone through in life and how God changed him, giving him a new lease of life.


Sunday morning was a struggle (to wake up, and it was drizzling!) but I thank God we got our act together and sped off to the National Hockey Stadium. I had set my alarm clock to ring at 5.40am, but we got up and went back to sleep (automated response). After some sleepy talk and indecisiveness, we finally decided to go for the Easter Sunrise Service. We went mad rushing to get ready and lock up Ah Yee's house (We were house-sitting for her).


We reached the Bukit Jalil area in record time. But we didn't know the directions to the National Hockey Stadium, so by faith we followed some cars and reached there a little late (past 6.30am) but only missed one praise & worship song. It was beautiful watching the sun rise while singing praises to Him. And SP mentioned something impromptu at the end of his message that answered a question I had had in my mind for a few weeks (about the servants and the number of talents given to each of them).


Below are some snapshots of the celebration at different phases of the sunrise (using my phone camera, hence the low resolution!)










Ooh, and I saw a hint of a rainbow while driving home in the evening (so nice!). Tried taking a photo while driving but some editing is needed before it can be posted on blog.



*sings "Oh happy day, happy day, You washed my sin away"*

No comments:

Post a Comment