Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Bout Of Directionless-ness

Being the 'recently-evolved-into-an-emotional-wreck' that I am, today I had another bout of directionless-ness (career-wise). I don't know why I can't seem to find any peace about where my career path is headed towards. I pray about it but I don't know what specifically to pray for. And it's constantly niggling in the back of my mind, showing up whenever I feel 'emo'...

So, today was one of these instances. It's a curiosity that I was never like this (over the top emotional) when I was in school. All this nonsense began when I started working. Perhaps too much free time, where my mind becomes an ideal workshop for the devil to spin his lies and deceptions.

Anyway, I just tried out a career/personality quiz and this was the outcome. I think it does speak much about how I am 'wired'. And perhaps it's a bit too late now, but I've always had a sort of interest in advertising. However I've always thought that my personality is not suitable for such a line - so this contradicts what I've thought I'd known so far.

You would be very happy in a career that utilised your level-headedness, and allowed you to work mainly on your own. You want a career that allows you to be creative, without having to be involved with lots of people. Some careers that would be perfect for you are:
  • Artist
  • Historian
  • Banker
  • Novelist
  • University Professor
  • Photographer
  • Vet
  • Paralegal
  • Graphic Designer
  • Online Content Developer
  • Webmaster
  • Producer
  • Managing Director
  • Nutritionist
  • Advertising
  • Nursing
You like working and being alone. You like to avoid attention at all costs. You tend to keep to yourself, and not interact much with the people around you. You enjoy spending time with a few a close friends. You like to listen to others, but don't like sharing much about yourself. You are very quiet and private.

You are very practical, and only act after thinking things through. You don't like being forced to answer quickly. You have to evaluate the situation completely. You make decisions based on what you can verify with your senses.


You like to be deeply involved in one or two special projects. You like to be behind the scenes. You are very logical and fair. You feel you should be honest with others and protect their feelings.


You trust your gut instincts. You are easily inspired and trust that inspiration. You are very innovative. You analyse things by looking at the big picture. You are concerned about how what you do affects others. You worry about your actions and the future. You tend to use a lot of metaphors and are very descriptive and colourful in your choice of language.


You are very creative, and get bored easily if you don't get to express yourself. You like to learn new things. You don't like the same old routine. You like to leave your options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment