Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Prayers Answered, Note the plurality

Something miraculous has been happening. God has been answering my prayers and all in His timing. A friend recently told me that we should be careful of what we pray for - and I do agree to a certain degree, but I believe that sometimes when we are just so moved to pray for something impromptu, it is all in His plan (although the prayer answered may prove to bring future hardships) for your life. When I hear true life stories of people ending up leading a totally different life than the one that they had planned out earlier, it scares me of how powerful God can be, but when I ponder deeper, it is what that person has gone through which makes him who he is today. A stronger person who has made more impact than he had originally set out to do. And as hard as it is for me to admit it, I do wonder what is His plan for me.

Recently, I've been praying for a number of things (which I will not disclose here, but some of my Christian friends will know what I'm talking about... thanks for the prayers!) to happen in my life. And I find it weird, in a good happy refreshing way, that He has answered them all after I quit worrying about them and relinquish all authority over the matters to Him. "Casting my burdens upon the Lord" has never meant so much to me as it does now. Within the last few weeks, God has answered several of my prayers in the same pattern where I worry my heart sick of the matter, then I give up and surrender it all to Him (I literally tell Him that!) and within a few days He answers my prayers! My aunty says I'm too impatient. Perhaps God is trying to teach me to be patient and that all will come to pass in His timing, not mine.

One other thing I had and have been praying for is encouragement. And He has sent me that indeed, without me having to physically ask for it, it has been offered to me! I did not tell anyone about this and it came as a shock to me when I realised that my prayer had been answered. It definitely is a sign from Him.

However (ah, that evil word that can be equated to a "but"!), being the weak human being that is in a comfort zone way too snug for anyone's good, I feel a fear of the changes that has to occur. On one hand, I can't wait for the positive development but on the other hand, my feet feels like they are made of lead and I keep turning back to gaze longingly at my security blanket. I need to overcome this fear of change. I need to stay true to my resolution of trying many new things this year (only four more months left). I need to start tuning the distractions out and listen to Him. Now, how do I do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment