Saturday, January 28, 2006

The big 21?

i can't believe that this blog is more than a year old already... i can still remember typing out my "birthday" post a year ago... so how was my 21st birthday? pretty crappy to sum it all up (but of course excluding a very touching event on that day!)...

well it all started with sms birthday wishes from choon sin (the 1st), yen chyng, yan leng, bank islam (huh?!?), mei lin, some unknown chinese message which i presume to be a birthday greeting (hehehe), santhya, rebecca, nadia, nisha, evelyn toh, ah yee, goay imm, lion, sook yeng (the next day... ;-) )

i had 1 class and 2 tutorials that day... so firstly, i went for geology... and the air-cond triggered off my runny nose!!! and after that we went for lunch and my ailment got worse... looked crappy etc... some funny stuff happened (but i'm too lazy to elaborate at the moment)... then we went for our "pengantar alam sekitar" tutorial, and although we were early, some people were already writing out the assignment... we were to have an essay-test assignment which would account for 10 marks out of our finals... and we were too disorientated to start till the tutor came in... and she gave us the 2 topics to write about in BM (others had gotten the titles from their friend.... still can't believe the kiasu-ness of some people!)... and we were given an hour... in which i could not complete one of the essays!!! i was so unprepared for this kinda bullshit tutorial... she asked us to pass up before the promised hour was up!!! we (me, mei lin, li sum, junie, emily) were so dissapointed!!! so there goes 10 marks down the gutter!

LK phoned up to ask me whether i wanted to join his group for dinner and a movie but the problem was he couldn't fetch me because he had to fetch someone else... and so i turned it down and felt so crappy... my own brother not willing to fetch me on my birthday? well i guess that was to be expected (i know the reason and most mothers would know the reason too...) ... i know this is so stupid but i started crying ?!? i guess it was the runny nose and all the other sickness weakening my mind... anyway, i then read my notes to induce sleep (it really works... all the time... if you are an insomniac, you should totally try this!!! hahaha)

then at about 4.40 p.m. i went for my "history and philosophy of science" tutorial... and my runny nose was getting worse... the tutor seemed enthusiastic... he wants to have the tutorials every week... hope he's all that he seems to be... and after that i went back to college to wait for mum

i had to pass up an invitation for dinner at T.G.I.F with some aiesecers because i was really feeling crappy! but anyway, i think i would have felt a wee bit out there... so when mum came, i discovered i had a gift from evelyn and a card from ah yee... evelyn gave me a cute necklace and earring set in pearl and pink stone of the motive of a dog (mind boggling way of explanation...) and i then opened the card ah yee gave me... and there was a cheque for RM1000 in it!!! gosh i was so shock!!! i called ah yee to thank her and somehow (with all the shit i had to put up with the whole day) i started tearing... but of course i covered up by faking a blocked nose... somehow, i always feel emotional on my birthday (but not in company of anyone!)

what did i have for my birthday dinner? i ate chicken rice with "siew yoke" and abit of "bak kut teh"!!! hahaha.... simple but nice... mum said we'd go out for a better meal on saturday at lunch time... which is today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment