Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Sting

Today I had a lesson on numbers and it still stings. It's been more than a year and many have said I look happier now than back then. The experience has been mostly good thus far, a very different culture change.At least once a year most of us have a chance of performing a personal review of how we did in the past year. And for me, it is that time of the year again. I didn't realise it during last year's review as it was a period of transition. However the difference was apparent this year.

I looked back on the comparison I drafted when I made the decision and questioned the assumptions I had used. I still see the justification - for personal wellbeing and future growth. But it is difficult to reconcile these benefits when the sacrifice affects the bottomline. I need to tell myself to bet my bottom dollar on the predictable and not on flukes.

There. I have laid out my lament. Now it's time to initiate the mental reprogramming and look forward and plan ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment