Monday, March 20, 2017

Taskmaster

This weekend has been a "should not be doing this" time in repeat mode. Like how I should be studying now but I'm checking out my agreements (4 years after they were signed!) and discovering new music. My present ear tick at the end of this post.

During the week, in one of our lunch conversations I heard my colleague use this word "taskmaster" when she was describing a comment made by her boss unto her. Honestly, I thought it was some corporate fancy schmancy term like 'white knight' or 'greenfield' that I'd thus far haven't encountered. But putting two and two together (task + master), I figured that the approximate meaning was someone who was good at handling tasks.

So, after my eventful weekend of cringing at how I suck at meeting new people and my deliberate distractions from my books, I was suddenly reminded to look up this "taskmaster" term. My initial search results yielded a Marvel supervillain and some British game show. This couldn't be it. So I did another round of search, adding "define" (I love this method) to the search subject. And I got this:

task·mas·ter
ˈtaskˌmastər/
noun
  1. a person who imposes a harsh or onerous workload on someone.

I was a little surprised by what I'd found but I couldn't help thinking in the recesses of my mind that I did agree with this description! How evil! hahaha

But no, I don't really think this is what her boss had meant. Perhaps I have yet to dig deep enough to find a more fitting definition to this term.

Now for the tune I've had on repeat on Spotify since Saturday evening. I found this from Spotify's daily mix. Somehow the sound quality is much better on Spotify, punchier. But so smooth...

No comments:

Post a Comment