Friday, February 17, 2017

Priceless 5: Kind Gestures

Priceless is...


... when a director brings cookies and sweets especially for us all the way from Singapore and Macau.

This is actually the first time in my working life that an external director brought gifts specifically for me and my colleague (not even for my boss!). The other nearest experience would be angpaus during Chinese New Year, but he was giving them out to everyone he met.

Usually I would have gifts from bosses who've been traveling or regional business unit colleagues whenever they are in headquarters for meetings.

But I am touched that someone who was an ex-CEO who'd turned around a Singaporean college from red to black in two years would have thought of this gesture. And during our stressful time of board meetings! God bless her. (The bosses loved the cookies - it was something unusual that we don't have here (yet))

And am thankful the four board meetings are finally over with only slight drama. I think the whole senior management is relieved - there is more jokes and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment