Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Being Thankful: Day 48


This post is postdated for Saturday, 8 March 2014.

I'm thankful for:
  1. our XXX challenge - with two teammates backing out, we were left with 8 ladies to complete the task. We did complete it, although the last team to do so with quite a lot of hiccups, but we did it nevertheless. Many had to overcome their fear of water and test the limits of their physical strength and mental strength. And what seemed to be an innocent wooden box tunnel to crawl through ended up as a fear factor challenge. I came face to face with a huge snake in the box, unexpectedly, and funny thing was that I just started cursing but hurried on with the task and ran out of the box with a water bottle in hand. I thought I would've freaked out and turn back, but I didn't. Which makes me wonder now, what am I really scared of? (always had a horrible fear of snakes). I only have a theory in mind that my real fears have gone when I started to know Him - for He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world!
  2. our classroom session - we had to construct the tallest stable straw tower, a polystyrene aeroplane that can fly and land the furthest, three funny hats and a hole from an A4 paper which could pass through 10 persons head to toe. We had split the tasks among ourselves and I was in the group who had to construct the aeroplane. In the end our aeroplane and hats won the best marks. Our straw tower flopped when tested by fanning with a polystyrene board and we gave up on the paper hole task (only 15 minutes given) although I had a vague idea of how it should be cut.
  3. our team winning second place overall.
  4. impromptu plans and good friends. It's good to know that some friends are still willing to meet up although we've parted paths a long time ago.
  5. completion of our aborted plan from last year - night hotspring!
  6. my faux crocs lasting through the two full days of activities with it's crocodile front opening! Goodbye, you have served me well - through two years of teambuilding and some more.

Finally the faux crocs became a true pair of crocodiles

No comments:

Post a Comment