Friday, August 10, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I'd never thought my stint in Orange would be so short. But then again, I'd never thought I would draft the CEO's resignation letters on my second day at work in Orange. So, moral of the story, you'd never know what the future holds.

As I did my last office tour, people asked, why I was leaving. Of course, I do have my list of reasons - officially, due to the distance traveling to office. But if I were to go by my senses, it would be because I felt that my time here was up. Somehow, I could sense that things weren't "peachy perfect" for me anymore. It was the same feeling I had in my first job, and that turned out to be a good time to leave too.

So here I am again following my instincts (and of course a better prospect), taking a leap of faith. What I will miss most is the People. The teamwork, camaraderie, friendliness and interest for food. Although I can't claim to know every single person in Orange, but I think I've dealt with around 85% of them, excluding our subsidiary. It's funny how some of my colleagues thought I'd been working there for 3 years, when it had only been 16 months.

I really tried hard to make this goodbye a cheery one, but in the end I caved when I entered HR. I don't know what snapped in me but the tears did come pouring when I hugged my lunch buddy. Thankfully, I had said most of my goodbyes and the place was half vacated, so less witnesses. Silly silly me.

Never good at saying goodbye [never knew I could be this emotional]. But completed my goodbyes I did (while obtaining confirmation for my release form) and distributed my farewell gifts to my team mates. They liked the pens and wristlets. It's nothing much, but just a token of thanks and something to remember me by. I don't think there were any hard feelings left behind. I'm glad.

To the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment