Friday, September 23, 2011

Impatience Leads to Stalking

One of my job tasks is conducting company profile searches using the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM), as and when Legal or any other divisions requests for a search. For a fee of RM13, we can print out the company profile of any registered company in Malaysia. The company profile will include details such as the address, registration number, authorised and issued capitals and the directors details.

As you may recall, I'd won a bid for a phone on Lelong.com a month ago. I hadn't receive any email or SMS reply on the status of my order (although I had email and SMS a number of times). I expected this as many feedbacks of the seller had pointed out this, besides the long delivery time. Although there are 1000+ positive feedbacks, when it comes to my own money, I tend to worry why it's taking so long.


So I decided to do a little digging.

I actually searched for the company's name in the SSM portal! hahaha Oh well, a little background search won't hurt. Besides, I just wanted to double check whether the company was legit. And it was! There were three results in my search. The first, I assume, is the parent company - based in Bayan Lepas, Penang. The other two were distribution sort of businesses, one in Kajang and another somewhere else (can't recall where). For the record, I did not purchase the company profiles! (Not such a big stalker yet *yeah, right!*)

However it turns out that a simple call to them was enough to find out the status of my item. The guy knew who I was when he answered my call (maybe he was checking my number while I was waiting for an answer to my call). He said that the stock would probably arrive on Monday. He'll give me a call then. I really hope that that was the truth. But nevertheless, an answer surely soothes the anxiety of my wait.

Let's see what happens on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment