Monday, June 13, 2011

When Text Speaks

I have heard people testify that the Bible speaks to them. Many have said that the words/verses in the Bible literally leapt out at them when they were seeking life answers, often times in time of need. I, personally have had some such encounters but have never taken the time to record them down.

Therefore today I will do so

For the past few days, I've been feeling inexplicably down and disturbed. Like time is running out. Perhaps it was due to my ex-course mate's shocking revelation through Facebook chat that her mother passed away last month. It made me think that at the end of the day, we are all going to die and is it really worth our toil and heartache to obtain a high status in life.

Pretty mundane thoughts for someone still considered in the "youth" category.

Tonight I decided to catch up on my Bible Reading Plan. My progress had lagged 3 weeks with all the business of my new job. So, today I continued on at the scripture for 28-29 May 2011. It was Psalm 42 and 43.

Not once, twice but thrice did this verse pop up in my reading:

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Saviour and my God.

Coincidence? Not! He knew what I was feeling and He knew I needed something to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment