Monday, May 30, 2005

Did I happen to mention...

I think I forgot to mention that I saw many sea cucumbers while snorkelling... they were black with many spiney legs... and they were covered in some membranous muccus... Pei Chek let us touch one when we were seeing baby sharks...

Ooh, and praise God we all didn't see a single snake throughout the duration of our stay!!! I was praying fervently so that I won't see any snakes especially while taking a bath or in the toilet... because Chee Loong saw a snake in the bathroom and a dead one near the water's edge when he was there... he had the photo too... and praise God again, I came back without any wounds... just the lacerated arm and mosquito bites!!! So my packet of plasters is in mint condition as I type this! By the way, my mosquito bites are still itching... maybe they were sand flies!?!

Anyway, so many things have been happening in these last 2 weeks... I've been so busy and to top it all off, this streamyx thing has been giving me the hardest time whenever I want to send e-mails and stuff!!!

First of all, our refridgerator died a natural death (which caused our house to blackout while I was typing my UNSAVED previous post... so I had to retype it when the power was restored!) and so we went fridge hunting... it was pretty limited because the fridge had to fit into the space between our kitchen cabinet and in the end we got a panasonic fridge which is much smaller than our late fridge... so we have to learn to economize our space in the fridge!

Friday was my last day of work. Thursday was parents' day and I was stationed in the front porch... I managed to see most of the parents and well, some parents are so like their chiildren whereas others were like the day and the night! Not to mention that some were of the "british bulldog" material... but I have to say that most of them don't look that young... could it be stress? or maybe they are in fact "not so young" parents...
Anyway, we had sports day and later a class party on friday... we divided the goodies the kids brought and had an extremely fattening and chemical-steeped feast!!! But the kids loved it ...
After school, the teachers held a farewell party for me and Miss Dorothy Chan... she had to rush off to UTAR early... I took a couple of photos (which I'll post below). I gave Ms Toh and Evelyn a crystal bracelet each. The teachers collectively gave us, the leavers, an Esprit t-shirt each. And Evelyn gave me a very cute Pet Shop bag with two goddies pawing each other as the motif.
For teachers' day I got a china-mengkuang leave-decorative-hanging thing (from a taiwanese boy), a turkish candy bar (from a yellow class girl) and small famous amos chocolate gift basket (from Thong Thong).

.

I have been galavanting alot these days... midvalley megamall, 1 utama, sunway pyramid, jln. masjid india, subang parade, carrefour subang... bought lots of stuff too... especially shoes!!! and skirts too! I'm in the process of sewing sequins onto one of my new skirts... hehehe

I'm sort of losing interest in typing this post but I just wanted to mention that I'm reading the Left Behind book 11: Armageddon... and it's so sad... Albie dies so suddenly and Chloe gets caught by the GC!!! (padan muka, she shouldn't have been so nosey... she's always getting them into trouble!!!) Anyway, I flipped through the book and discovered that her name doesn't pop up anymore in the 2nd half of the book... so that means she dies! Quite shocking... as she is one of the core characters... but of course it was to be expected since it's abit unbelievable if all the Tribulation Force members survive till the Glorious Appearing...

No comments:

Post a Comment