Sunday, November 11, 2018

Opportunity and Self Doubt

This week presented two very different situations of potential opportunities. For the first case, my gut feel tells me to beware and thread carefully. While the other case, my gut has a good feel on it but my head says the timing isn't right.


Although I would consider myself a scaredy cat in terms of risk taking, I find that more often than not I am quite open to try new experiences (of a non-committal nature). This was why I had given an affirmative to explore the two situations.

The first could have been spurred by guilt from the past and I thought that it wouldn't hurt to just see what happens this time around. It started out alright but I began to feel my allergic reaction (to certain kinds of behaviour) emerging. I questioned myself whether I am just over-reacting or it is my gut feel sending me warning messages. Although cliche, but I really do feel there is truth in Jane Austen's "my good opinion once lost is forever lost". I hope I am not being prejudiced. If I could turn back time, I think I would not have taken this up in the first place.

The second is much more pleasant. I did not search for it but it came and presented itself to me. No harm to just look see, I thought. But after learning more, I started questioning myself whether it was foolish to practically give it up now just to maintain the stand that I had chosen to take. I sort of feel an urgency to make a decision but somehow I also know that I shouldn't rush into things and there are plenty of fish in the sea to explore with before settling on one. Plus, if this is really meant for me time will tell. I'm mindful that I need to do my dues and current relationships should be valued as it evidences my integrity. Sometimes I wonder whether the 'good' gut feel about something is from the sense of being wanted or is it really the sixth sense in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment