Monday, January 16, 2017

Work in progress: Lunar New Year 2017 card

My timing is worse every year. It doesn't help that the lunar new year is getting earlier as well. This year, I won't have enough time to produce hardcopy cards as I've done in previous years. So it'll have to be e-cards this year!

Inspiration seeking started on Sunday mid-afternoon, and it's quite obvious that the chicken year is much easier than last year's monkey! I'd planned to make a hardcopy chicken and scan it, like last year, but I got lazy and only made part of the design in hardcopy.

A little peek at what it's going to be like. Quite bad quality camera phone photo, but this is the exact shot that I'll be using in the final copy.

Lunar New Year card in the making

The final copy is 90% complete, pending the text portion of it. It is always invigorating to work on this annual project as I get to learn new Photoshop techniques. This time it was using the liquify filter and stroke path in the pen function.

I've also spent a few hours searching for the right font. I found this website that has such delectable options, that is, if fonts were edible! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment