Sunday, August 04, 2013

Of Typos & Autocorrects

Typing fast is one thing. Typing accurately is another thing altogether. I think most of us can list typing as one of the integral processes encountered in our daily lives - be it for work, replying an SMS or chatting with a friend. Whether we type on a QWERTY chicklet keyboard or on a touch screen - the feel is different but the outcome is the same.

In my many years affair with typing, I've realised that I, myself am prone to several specific typo/autocorrect errors, which is really annoying but hilarious when I read them back. The top three that I always end up making are as below:-

 What it's meant to be
 Typo
 Autocorrect
Selamat Datang

Selamat Dating [English: Happy dating]
Best regards
Best retards
Best reagents

Malaysia
Malausia [Chinese: monkey-sia]


Boohoohoo! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment