Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Funeral and Rebirth

How time flies. I still feel like an infant in my spiritual walk, although it has been over 10 years since I was saved. Today marks an important milestone in my faith. My 'funeral' and rebirth. My public proclamation that I am a follower of Christ and am taking a step of obedience in His commands.

Today was my water baptism. Something that I'd been putting off for way too long. So many excuses. A couple of failed attempts. Many promptings from the Holy Spirit and through various individuals throughout the years. But the culmination of it all is today. Ready as I am.

Although I started out having companions in this journey, when the day approached - I was the only one taking the leap. I was a little disappointed at first, but in a way it was a good thing too. I truly know now that I took this step because I wanted to do so and not because it was just to jump on the bandwagon.

Despite the not too favourable timing of my baptism event, I am touched that the family and friends who mattered came out to support me (in person and through online streaming continents away). Although this is a personal journey, I believe having the people I care about witness my symbolic 'watery death' and rebirth would hold me accountable to the lifetime commitment I have chosen to take on.

Praise God for Year 2013! This year I have had much of Your blessings and presence in my life. Without Your gentle pushes, I would not have grown as much as I have in these two years. I am truly Yours now. I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment