Friday, June 23, 2006

I'll be in Singapore in 2 days time!

ah yee and i are going to singapore for 4 days 3 nights. we're leaving at 7.30a.m. on monday and leaving singapore on thursday at 11.30a.m. i had to find a hotel for us... and honestly, now that i've reevaluated my choice, i think i made a mistake... but it's too late to make ammends because the booking has been done and ah yee's credit card is in stake... so i guess we'll just have to carry on with the idea. the reason i think it's a mistake is because the hotel is quite far from orchard road... but the consolation is that it looks quite ok from the pictures and had recently been renovated... and also it has wireless internet access in the room. so i think i will bring my laptop there... if my parents think it's a good idea.

i still haven't converted my currency... somehow, nowadays packing and preparing don't seem to be a worry for me anymore... it's the people around me that get into such a fuss over it! funny! but it's because they care... and that's a good thing!

i just finished watching the korean drama Goong that ML lent me... it's nice! although episode 23 is missing!!! that's the 2nd last episode and it's kind of frustrating to not know the connection between the climax and the ending! but for now, imagination will have to suffice... i think i'll get a copy of this drama and try to find the 23rd episode somehow... i noticed i'm kind of obsessive when it comes to completing/collecting things. bad habit! it's been so with collecting books by roald dahl, l.m.montgomery, jane austen (movie versions too), cynthia voigt and also collecting stationaries and how can i forget the mcdonald's sesame street plushies! and in a way, i was a little obsessive about the sony ericsson w800i when it came out and the next thing i knew, i had won it!!! weird! got to shed that!!! that was abit freaky!

oh anyway, now i'm addicted to listening to i've got you by mcfly and jack johnson songs and also the theme song for sue thomas: F.B.Eye which is That's Who I Am by jessica andrews and it's all for you by sister hazel. i don't know why but some songs just stick in my head... and other people don't think much about these songs! i think it's some magic chord sequence that just clicks with some part of my brain that's connected with affinity!

i've been trying to learn how to write hiragana and after about 2 days of practising (not continuously of course) i can say that i can remember quite well the characters from a i u e o till ta chi tsu te to and the rest of the characters i only can remember when there's some sort of prompting... what can i say? i'm a slow learner when it comes to language... i think that's the case for me when it involves studying using a book. i feel that i learn better when the learning process involves working with my hands and room for trial and error... for example art and crafts, fixing mechanical stuff, fixing broken links on (other people's) websites, figuring out how an object is made by looking at it... which reminds me that my goal to learn flash on my own has totally gone down the drain... i think i should just uninstall that on my laptop and free up space for other stuff... or maybe i should try to get a book first... that doesn't seem promising though! hahaha

hmm... seem to be in a good mood today... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment