Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Choir blues

I hate coming back on Sunday nights because I’ll feel so rushed and well, a little depressed too. Unfortunately that was what I had to do yesterday… we kind of had an emergency choir meeting (orientation week choir) because we have to perform for the closing of the ASPIRE workshop… that means we have to sing in front of the foreigners!!! *the horror* ~ coz we kinda suck!?! So let me cut to the chase: we had to cancel our plan of eating seafood in that sungei way place and I had to eat takeout mcD’s in the car on the way to college… pathetic or what? Anyway, basically the meeting was about us singing 3 songs on Tuesday night (that means we have to forego our CC family plans of going to klcc to countdown the merdeka…) and that there’s going to be a 2nd audition for the festival seni choir and we are “urged” to go for a tryout… I don’t think I will because: 1) will I have time to juggle studies, assignments, aiesec and choir? 2) will I still be here next semester? (the festival is in January 2006) and 3) it’s just too scary to sing 2 songs (one in English and another in BM) alone in front of the seniors, Ledionne and Pei Chuen!

Note: I’m using my laptop with no internet connection to type this out now because I have nothing else important to do and well, just wanted to kill time and besides, my blog has been sadly neglected lately mainly because of the lack of time and mood to blog and also due to the horrible, lousy streamyx connection I have at home… (imagine we pay rm66 every month and we can only use the connection efficiently in the morning and afternoon… evening and night time are totally out of the question unless you’re asking for an aneurysm! Anyway, when I do get an internet connection (which should be able to be set up on the 5th of September onwards… wireless in um), I’ll copy and paste this and post it up. I also need to download msn messenger, winzip, adobe acrobat reader, update Norton antivirus…

So I had my 2nd Biology of Organisms test today… it was ok… much easier than I had expected… but surprise: I’ve already pinpoint a question which I’ve answered wrongly… typical me… well, what’s done is done… there’s no turning back so there’s no sense in crying over spilt milk. Anyway, Mei Lin, Junie, Li Sum and I went to Sri Paandi’s for lunch (don’t ask me which one it was though…). I can’t remember whether I’ve mentioned my 1st visit there before but their canvassing customers method was more aggressive today than the last time… one worker actually instructed us to go to the last shop (explanation: the last shop i.e. corner shop, has another lot right next to the other Paandi’s ~ the one we went to… so the shop we went to was actually sandwiched by their competitor… confusing? I don’t blame you…). Anyway both shops claim to be the original and they are pretty serious about it… calling their counterpart “cheaters”! Now, back to my story… we had banana rice and I’m so stuffed till now! I think the workers were like laughing at us (not in an insulting or offensive way though) because we were such a giggly bunch of happy people… I think we were very “lawak” (like mr jp used to say) to them… but the up part of it was they kept offering us more stuff to eat with a smiling face… anyway, my bill came up to rm9.10! the breakdown of it was: banana rice rm3.50, fried chicken rm4 and iced milo rm1.60… but when we paid, the counter guy gave us 50 sen discount! Hahaha…

I’m listening to Michael W. Smith’s worship cd… borrowed it from ah yee… I really like the songs and his singing too… but my laptop speakers are… erm… laptop speakers a.k.a lousy… I think I must invest in a pair of headphones since I don’t intend to get an mp3 player… another thing I must get is a pendrive… currently I’m using LK’s pendrive… it’s so small compared to the regular ones!!! Although slightly pricier…

Oh yea, I talked to CS yesterday afternoon for quite a long time… 99 minutes… we exchanged stories… upm has a golf course!!! And I think she’s having a great time there because there are lots of samadians there and well, she can speak mandarin (the golden key to socializing among the Chinese community in all local universities). And I think for all of us, living on campus has made us independent (if we want something done we have to do it ourselves… and most of our time is spent alone) and tv-deprived (going home means tv time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment